Effective: February 11, 2020
How We Collect Information
Wiley may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(1) directly from your verbal or written input (including information you provide as part of the assessment process); or (2) from our authorized partners (trainers, coaches, and consultants) who have been engaged by your employer or the organization which is making our services available to you.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that Wiley collects about you may include:
- Geographic location
- Your responses to the assessment questions and the resulting profile generated (including self-selected behaviors, preferences, and characteristics)
- Any demographic information you provide
- Your communications in forums or through messaging functionality available on the Services
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of our Services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information not listed here.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third-party account (such as your LinkedIn account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party, and any personal information collected by the third party during that third-party login is not covered by this policy.
We will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your account to be linked to your third-party account.
We automatically gather server log file information when you visit our websites. This includes IP address, browser type, referring and exit web pages, and your operating system.
Use of Your Information
You agree that we can use the data, including personal data you enter on this web site, for the purpose of generating your personalized report and sending you, the Authorized Partner, and the organization that ordered the assessment on your behalf for your results.
We will not send you any promotional communications. We will only send you communications that are necessary to perform the Services. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade personal data collected via the Services with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from our systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
- Network or cybersecurity monitoring and intrusion detection
- Web or application development/management
- Shipping and fulfilling orders
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Conducting research and analysis
- Monitoring site usage and user movements
- Technical administration, such as hosting, managing and maintaining our servers
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice will be displayed on the Services of any change in uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
Cross Border Transfers
We may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- In order to process your transactions, we may store your personal information on our servers and those servers may reside outside the country where you live. We have servers and major office locations in several countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, Brazil, India and Australia. We also has service providers located in India and the Philippines amongst other countries. For the Services, your personal information is stored on servers located in Minnesota in the United States. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- In order to satisfy global reporting requirements, we may be required to provide your personal information to our affiliates in other countries.
We will use appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information. When you enter information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information (such as login credentials) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The Services are SSL encrypted.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information--such as your name or e-mail address--that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g. on social media, forums, bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. We cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
For more information on cookies, please click here.
You may have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing [email protected]) and we will comply with local laws with regards to responding in the required time frame. In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics.
We will comply with our legal obligations with respect to your request.
Any comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to Wiley's Data Protection Officers, whose contact information is found here.
Privacy Shield Framework
Profiles international, LLC, a subsidiary of John Wiley & Sons, Inc (Wiley) participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certifications, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Wiley is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting pursuant to Wiley’s instructions with respect to your data. Wiley complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Wiley is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Wiley may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes becoming effective.
Profiles International, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
510 N. Valley Mills Drive, Waco, TX 76710
Policy Updates from Previous Version: